Orders can be added to the Orkestro platform in three ways:
1. Automatic Order Integration
If you’re are using one of Orkestro’s integrated e-commerce partners (full list here), your orders will be automatically uploaded into Orkestro.
2. CSV Upload
You can upload multiple orders to Orkestro in one go with our CSV template. Start by filling in all mandatory columns on the CSV template as listed below:
- Merchant ID
- PickupDateFrom (format accepted yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm:ss - ISO8601)
- DeliveryDateTo (format accepted yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm:ss - ISO8601)
Once you have filled in the template you can upload the CSV file to the platform. You can do this by clicking "Import orders". Select the file and click "Import file".
- The order of the columns and the headers of the columns have to be an exact match to the template given. The headers of the columns are also case sensitive.
- File type has to be CSV (comma separated values), no other formats are supported.
- Merchant should be in the same format as registered to the dashboard
- ExternalRef is your own order reference
- Phone numbers should be formatted as general
If an error occurs when uploading the file you will be notified. This can happen if one or more rows contain incorrect information. You will have to either remove the problematic row, or correct it and re-upload the file.
3. Manual Order Creation
To manually create an order, Click “Add Order” at the top left of the dashboard:
Then enter the following information:
- Order Number - ideally this should be unique per order. You’ll need to quote this reference should you need to contact Orkestro directly regarding a delivery.
- Delivery Schedule - select “Urgent” if you need the order delivered as soon as possible. Alternatively, select “Custom pickup and delivery times” for orders needing delivery at a future date/time. If using this option, set the pickup and drop off delivery windows required.
- Parcel Specifications - these are used to determine which vehicle will be dispatched.
- Parcel value - if provided, this will determine which vehicle or service is dispatched depending on the rules you set. If not provided, the order will have to be dispatched manually.
- Handling instructions - select as applicable to highlight to the courier certain details of the order.
- Pick-up - Be sure to add any extra information in the pickup instructions field.
- Drop-off - fill out your customer’s details here. Please make sure this is accurate as these details are shared directly with the courier and form a basis for the quoted delivery price. Enter any extra information in the delivery Instructions field.
- Notes - add any extra detail about the order here. These are for internal use only.
Click “Save” at the bottom of the order when complete, and you’re all done!